“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic Medicine makes sense. The basic approach of a Naturopath is to…
- discover and eliminate the cause of disease,
- when treatment is necessary, use the most natural, non-toxic and least invasive therapy available,
- treat the whole person,
- educate the patient in developing a healthy diet and lifestyle, and
- trust in the healing power of nature.
At present there is a revolution occurring in health care.
With advancement in science and technology, medicine now has the understanding to appreciate the value of natural therapy. The common myth of natural medicine being ‘unscientific’ is simply not true, with anecdotal evidence now replaced with firm science based proof of their effectiveness. More and more modern medical professions who once dismissed Naturopathic Medicine are endorsing natural healing techniques of lifestyle modification, stress reduction, exercise, whole food diets, and many others.
Your body can heal itself.
Naturopathic Medicine philosophical roots can be traced back to Hippocrates (c. 460 – c.370 BC) who is considered one of the most important figures in medicine. Fundamental to Hippocrates view and the practice of Naturopathic Medicine is a profound belief in the ability of the body to heal itself. From this core foundation comes a system of health-orientated medicine with focus on treating the cause not just the symptoms of disease, the maintenance of health and prevention of disease. This is in contrast to modern medicine which takes a more disease-orientated approach.
A Naturopath’s goal is to support not hinder the body’s innate healing response.
Needless to say, this philosophy has its limits, and there are times when the body needs more than just supportive help. In this case, it maybe necessary for the use of the least invasive natural assistance to produce the desired healing effect.
A Naturopath view of health is more than just the absence of disease. Health is a vital dynamic state where the person is able to thrive, achieve and live their life with passion, purpose and joy.
Naturopathic Healing Techniques
As the Principal Naturopath of bnatural, Brian Killian ND has chosen to specialise in what he recognises to be the most effective Naturopathic Medicine techniques in producing outstanding health.
- Clinical Nutrition – the use of diet as a therapy serves as a foundation of Naturopathic Medicine. There is an ever increasing amount of evidence supporting whole foods and the use of nutritional aids in the cure, maintenance and prevention of disease. Common conditions which can be effectively treated through dietary change include acne, arthritis, depression, type 2 diabetes, eczema, gout, high blood pressure, irritable bowel syndrome.
- Herbal Medicine – we acknowledge plants have a direct effect on our body through our everyday use of caffeine from coffee for its stimulating benefit. Plants as medicine has been around since records were kept and interestingly over 25% of all prescription drugs containing ingredients extracted from plants. These days with modern technology it has been possible to gain a greater understanding of the components of the plant responsible for its therapeutic effect, and with this advancement cumulating in a renaissance in their popularity.
- Physical Therapy – refers to the hands-on practice of Massage, Lymphatic Drainage Technique, Trigger Point Therapy, Mobilisation of joint and muscle and Exercise Therapy. Combined, these most practical natural medicine techniques encourages the natural healing response, reducing stress, improving mobility, strength, energy levels and flow.
- Counselling and Lifestyle Modification – a Naturopath is a holistic-minded health professional trained to recognise and assist with phycological issues impacting a patients health. Being able to understand, respond and provide appropriate advice for positive change in behaviours is a vital acknowledgement of the mind/body connection of health, and forms an important therapeutic tool in a Naturopathic consultation. Brian successfully uses meditation, visualisation, tapping and others to influence his clients.
Through the combination of these techniques in his 20 years of being a Naturopath Brian has successfully improved the health of 100’s of people all over the world.
Since becoming a client of bnatural, I think I may actually have made that “lifestyle change” that everyone talks about! For the first time in my life I am genuinely enjoying a routine of healthy eating and regular exercise. Brian is consistently motivating, supportive and encouraging and has made a very positive impact on our whole family. Julia
For years I experienced persistent and painful abdominal cramps. My consultation with Brian was enlightening as his take on the cause was one nobody else had recognised. Through following his recommendations (which were incredibly simply) I have been free from my pain for several months. I am pleased to recommend Brian to anyone looking for help. Rachael
The convenience of a consultation with Brian over Skype was amazing. The closest Naturopath to me is an hour drive so being able to have a consult in my kitchen was fantastic. I thought it would be weird not being face to face but it was no problem at all. His treatment was easy to follow and so helpful. My body has not worked this well in years and I owe it to Brian. Margot, New Zealand
Throughout his 20 year career of practicing Naturopathic Medicine, Brian has directed his learning and professional practice to become an expert in the areas of…
- Obesity and Weight loss
- Life extension
- Immune support
Brian has successfully be able to help his clients with…
- Asthma and Hay fever
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Heavy periods
- Hyperactivity and learning disorders
- High blood pressure
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Sinus infection
- Tendinitis and bursitis
- Varicose veins
How to book a Consultation
Brian is available for 1 to 1 consultations at his Adelaide, Australia bnatural Clinic.
For those not in Adelaide, Brian offers consultations either by phone or Skype.
Naturopathy Fee Schedule
|Follow Up Consultation
|Rebate||Health insurance rebates on services may apply.Check with your insurance provider for details of your cover.|